Wednesday 4 April 2012

But not the kitchen sink.

I'm currently in the painstaking process of selecting my equipment, as it were. Rubbout is tomorrow, if you count the Thursday invasion. I'm probably not the only rubberguy out there still packing. Actually, I know for a fact!

So far, I've packed my tactical gear, which includes pads, vest, and BDU's should I decided to forgo outwardly visible rubber (for whatever reason). My standard outfit includes a gasmask, because, well, they're fucking awesome, and I love 'em. This year, I plan on combining it with a heavy rubber suit, either my Hydroglove or my military Viking. The basic idea is sort of a Hazmat SWAT unit. I got the necessary shoulder patches and everything. If ever there was a time to show off my military gear, it is this year.

Circa Rubbout 2010. This year with 142% more rubber.

As far as other gear goes, its all up in the air. My tighter fitting Hydroglove is my suit of choice for general rubbering, but I do have a few fetishy items that I like to bring out for special occasions. I'm currently waiting for a pair of rubber overalls and a shirt I ordered from E7 Gear. I'm hoping it arrives on Friday, so I can wear it over the weekend. My wardrobe is surprisingly sparse in the casual rubber department. Such is life for a heavy rubber addict!

Other gear I'm planning on bringing is my firefighter turnout gear, which was a hit in years past. This year, I'm thinking about bringing my SCBA. The tank is expired and I have no method of recharging it, even if I wanted to, so its basically a huge prop. Not really sure if the mass to hotness ratio is sufficient to warrant lugging it around. Although, let me tell you, it's pretty funny making people nervous walking around in full fire gear. Went into a Chevron gas station to buy a lottery ticket once, and the guy behind the counter gave me the most hilarious nervous look. My turnout gear is black with yellow reflective stripes; the same as Vancouver's fire department. Ironically, I chose black and yellow so that it wouldn't be the same colours as my own local fire department! Luckily, people don't seem to be as strict about being mistaken as a firefighter, as opposed to a cop (a big no-no).

Hopefully, I'll see some of you at Rubbout!

I love Halloween. Tragically, I didn't win best costume.

2 comments:

  1. Well, WHY NOT the kitchen sink, hmm? Good to room with you again RT. And I think you did the firegear pretty good and "hot" thru the RUBBOUT 21 weekend. Looking forward to seeing your rubber quotient (i.e what you bring along) UP a few % points, next year's RUBBOUT (#22!). Cheers! RW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your blog so far. All the pictures of you in the viking and gasmask + all the swat gear is amazing. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete